It’s hard enough being a parent, but it’s even harder to be a single parent. For women, sometimes it comes natural, but it’s always going ot be work without having the extra hands and eyes.
If you have the perfect child, you probably won’t need any of the following tips and advice that I’m about to share for raising children as a single mom. Otherwise, keep reading.
* Create traditions with your children and spend time with them.
* Always keep your child’s best interest in mind.
* Trust your instincts. (No one can tell you how to raise your children, but yourself)
* Keep organized.
* Watch your budget, especially when it comes to healthcare, food, and supplies.
* Talk to your children. You don’t want to be a friend and not a mom, but you want to have an open relationship.
* Never badmouth their father (whether the dad is in the child’s life or not).
The most important thing to remember is that you need to trust yourself. You want to remember that these are your kids. Love them. Spend time with them. Raise them to be good people. Single moms can raise children to be healthy, well-rounded adults, just like couples can.